Updating of Asus router ensures enhanced functioning, wireless networking and overall performance. Firmware upgrade adds new features to router as well add bug fixes to secure the router. It is advisable to consider the Asus firmware update as an essential process whenever the new firmware updates are available by ASUS.
Prior to Asus firmware update:
- You must have setup Asus router securely and configured the router’s wireless settings before considering Asus firmware update.
- The Asus router must be connected to other hardware devices using the wired cable connections to get the stable wireless connectivity during the process.
- The Asus router must be set up with modem using Ethernet cable connecting them at WAN ports.
- Also, the Asus router must be setup with computer using Ethernet cable connecting both at the Ethernet or LAN ports.
To update the Asus router firmware, you would have to access your Asus router via router.asus.com or the default gateway to enter the web or LAN graphical user interface of the Asus routers. Ultimately, you would have to upload the firmware through firmware update option on settings interface page.
Steps to Asus firmware update via router.asus.com login:Step 1 – Download the Asus router firmware file
- First of all, download the latest available firmware version which is released on regular basis from the Asus official website asus.com.
- Key in your Asus router’s model no. In given field.
- Download the recent edition of firmware file for Asus router.
- Save the file safely in your computer to be uploaded further for Asus firmware update.
- The file is downloaded in zipped format and has to be unzipped prior to Asus firmware update.
- Log into the Asus router’s web GUI using a computer connected to the Asus router’s wifi.
- Open a web browser by launching it on wireless network connected computer or laptop.
- Login by navigating to the web address router.asus.com in the web browser.
- Alternatively, try login using the default IP address 192.168.1.1 as it also redirects you to the login page of the Asus router.
- The Asus router login page opens.
- It prompts for the default Asus router login credentials to Asus router login.
- Enter The Asus login default username and password as ‘admin’ in both fields for Asus router login.
- The web GUI or admin page of the Asus router is reachable.
- Go to the ‘Administration’ tab.
- Select the ‘Firmware Upgrade’ button.
- Click on the choose file option for firmware upload.
- Select the Upload option after browsing and searching for the downloaded firmware file saved earlier.
- Click on ‘Save’ which would ensure the Asus firmware upgrade process completion.
The Asus router reboots automatically after the firmware gets updated successfully.
Be careful, to not to interrupt the Asus firmware update process in any way which may render your router useless and in addition, corrupt the uploading firmware file.